Wednesday, August 27, 2008

In Tel Aviv

Well, I made it!

After a three hour wait with Israeli customs, which involved questioning, searching of bags and me and lots and lots of waiting I was let through with a one month visa, despite the fact that they were completely aware that I needed a three month tourist visa, as that is how long my course at Birzeit is. When I said this the guard just said I'd have to extend it later. Thanks...

Tel Aviv is quite lovely, but I'm having trouble enjoying it as I'm still shaken up by my airport exprience. Can't shake this fugitive feeling, like I'm under surveillance... Suppose this is all just part of the experience!

This will just be a short post, just to say that while I am shaken and quite disturbed my entry experience, I am here and have at least a month here.

Tomorrow I will cross into the Palestinian Territories.

No comments: